FREMONT, CA, June 7, 2021 — GLOBE NEWSWIRE — Cytek Biosciences, Inc., a leading cell analysis solutions company, today introduced a new high-dimensional benchtop cell sorter—the Cytek Aurora CS. Built on the same Full Spectrum Profiling™ (FSP™) technology comprising Cytek’s Aurora cell analysis system, the Aurora CS delivers high resolution capabilities at the single cell level to resolve and sort even the most challenging cell populations—regardless of assay complexity or autofluorescence level. With the Aurora CS, researchers can isolate live cells or other particles in microtiter plates or tubes for downstream studies, such as single-cell RNA sequencing, proteomics, and cell biology.
Cytek’s flagship Aurora cell analysis system was first launched in 2017 to address the shortfalls of existing flow cytometry technologies. The Aurora system utilizes the full spectrum of fluorescence signatures from multiple excitation lasers to distinguish fluorescent tags on single cells, significantly advancing high-content cell analysis with higher sensitivity. In keeping with the Aurora’s advanced features and capabilities, the Aurora CS provides all the benefits of Cytek’s FSP technology. Its optical design and unmixing algorithm provide scientists with increased flexibility, enabling the use of a wide array of new fluorochrome combinations without reconfiguring the system for each application. State-of-the-art optics and low-noise electronics provide high-resolution, high-content, and high-sensitivity cell analysis, including in cells with high autofluorescence or low levels of expression of key biomarkers.
“At Cytek, we are dedicated to enhancing the user experience to the fullest extent and making it easier to go from biological question to answer,” said Dr. Wenbin Jiang, CEO of Cytek Biosciences. “The same assays optimized on the Aurora cell analyzer can also be run on the Aurora CS for sorting, enabling scientists to take their research even further with downstream applications, gain deeper insights and accelerate the pace of discovery.”
Key features and benefits include:
- Up to 5 lasers, 64 fluorescence channels and 3 scattering channels
- Accurate sorting of subpopulations from a highly complex panel (40 colors demonstrated)
- New levels of flexibility
- No need to reconfigure optical filters for different fluorochromes
- Use any commercially available fluorochrome excited by the onboard lasers
- 5 ML and 15 ML sample input tubes
- Pre-defined and customizable nozzle and sort mode settings
- Choose from a variety of collection devices
- 96-well plates with index sorting
- 1.5- and 5-mL tubes
- Up to 6-way sorting
- Temperature control
- SpectroFlo® CS software with intuitive workflows
- Built-in primary aerosol evacuation system
- Effortless sorting experience
- Automated drop delay and sort monitoring for a reliable sorting experience
- Comprehensive sort reports automatically record settings used from each sort
- Assay transferability from the Cytek Aurora system or conventional flow cytometers
Cytek’s cell analysis and sorting systems detect the full spectrum of the many fluorescent probes labelled on each cell. FSP technology enables the use of many different fluorophores (40 colors demonstrated) on both the Aurora system and the Aurora CS to define a large array of cellular subpopulations in a single tube, enabling a deeper understanding of complete biological systems. Combining the benefits of FSP technology with a flexible and customizable sorting platform provides researchers with a solution that can accommodate a variety of biological and sorting conditions. With SpectroFlo CS software, up to six-way sorting, customizable sort modes, automated drop delay, and sort stream monitoring are easily achieved with the same simplicity that users have come to enjoy from Cytek’s SpectroFlo software packages, ultimately leading to shorter set-up times to meet various application needs.
Cytek offers a fully integrated workflow through a suite of solutions for the cell analysis market. For more information on the Aurora CS, please visit https://cytekbio.com/pages/aurora-cs or www.cytekbio.com.