MilliporeSigma, a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, has completely redesigned its flagship Milli-Q® product, launching the new Milli-Q® IQ 7003/7005 ultrapure and pure lab water system.
Now more easy to use, compact, and sustainable, this fully-integrated system delivers consistently superior quality Type 1 and Type 2 water directly from tap water. The Milli-Q® IQ 7003/7005 water purification system is designed to exceed researchers’ most demanding expectations—from improved productivity to reduced environmental impact.
- ZERO MERCURY: First and only completely mercury-free tap-to-ultrapure water system with built-in ech2o™ UV lamps for the photooxidation of organic contaminants and inactivation of bacteria
- WATER SAVING: Intelligent reverse osmosis and Elix® electrodeionization technology produce consistently high-quality pure water while saving water and ensuring low and predictable running costs
- PAPER SAVING: Online data access capabilities support paperless data management
- ENERGY SAVING: Hibernation mode maintains the system’s water quality with reduced energy consumption when the lab is closed for extended periods
- REDUCED WASTE: The purification unit, tank, UV lamps, and purification cartridges are all more compact than previous versions, reducing plastic needs in manufacturing, packaging, and transportation
MilliporeSigma has created a new, intelligent storage solution that protects the quality of stored water better than ever before. Unique design features include system auto-rinsing prior to production to ensure only highest quality pure water enters the tank; a seamlessly integrated vent filter for improved protection against airborne contaminants; a built-in ech2o™ bactericidal UVC LED lamp; and automatic recirculation of stored water through the purification loop preserves water quality in the tank. This new storage solution ensures that highest-quality Elix® water is always on hand and ready to use.
Following in the footsteps of the Milli-Q® IQ 7000 ultrapure system with its ergonomic Q-POD® ultrapure water dispenser, the Milli-Q® IQ 7003/7005 ultrapure and pure system boasts a similarly redesigned E-POD® pressurized pure water dispenser. The system can support up to 4 PODs (1 E-POD® and 3 Q-POD® units, or 4 Q-POD® units), all of which contain integrated digital touchscreens that allow intuitive system operation, convenient water dispensing, and rapid data access.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager