Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Glassware Washer
- How is the product manufactured? Ask about the quality of the materials used and the product life expectation based on manufacturing testing. Also find out about the product’s warranty.
- What differentiates the lab washer from others offered in terms of performance?
- Does the company offer application support and technical phone support before and after product installation?
- How sustainable is the product? Ask the company to provide details on energy and water consumption as well as the recycle ability of the product.
- If the product is discontinued, for how many years does the company provide accessories and parts for the washer?
- Finally, ask about the cost of the purchase—not just the price of the product being installed but the total cost of ownership, which includes price, service expectations, warranty, etc.
Types of lab glassware washers used by survey respondents:
|Small Capacity Washer||36%|
|Medium Capacity Washer||55%|
|High Throughput Washer||7%|
|Large Capacity Washer||8%|
Frequency of lab glassware washer use as reported by survey respondents:
|Several times daily||19%|
|Once a day||27%|
|Several times each week||28%|
|Once a week||15%|
|One to three times a month||7%|
|Less than once a month||4%|
Nearly 25% of respondents are engaged in purchasing a new glassware washer. The reasons for these purchases are as follows:
|Replacement of an aging system|| |
|Addition to existing systems, increase capacity|| |
|Setting up a new lab|| |
|First time purchase|| |
Top 10 features/factors respondents look for when purchasing a glassware washer:
|Consistent washing and disinfection results||80%|
|Durability of product||79%|
|Low maintenance - Easy to use and clean||77%|
|Service and support||70%|
|Reliability of vendor||51%|
|Ability to customize racks||49%|
|Energy efficient/low operating cost||48%|
For more information on laboratory glassware washers, including useful articles and a list of manufacturers, visit www.labmanager.com/washers