Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Titrator
- How precise is the titrant delivery system? Is the titrant delivery system certified for accuracy?
- Can additional titrants be used without having to purge burettes?
- What information is included in the titrator’s display and reports?
- Is the titrator limited to proprietary electrodes? What is the replacement cost for electrodes?
- Is the software field upgradeable?
- What is the service and repair policy?
- Is on-site support offered?
- If something goes wrong with the meter, can it be fixed locally?
- What is the general turnaround time for repair?
Types of titrator used by survey respondents:
|Karl Fischer Coulometric||36%|
|Karl Fischer Volumetric||34%|
Titrator components used by survey respondents:
|Karl Fischer oven||36%|
Nearly 47% of respondents are engaged in purchasing a new titrator. The reasons for these purchases are as follows:
|Replacement of an aging system|| |
|Addition to existing systems, increase capacity|| |
|Setting up a new lab|| |
|First time purchase|| |
Top 10 features/factors respondents look for when purchasing a titrator:
|Service and support||65%|
|Ease of installation||41%|
For more information on titrators, including useful articles and a list of manufacturers, visit www.labmanager.com/titrators