Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Titrator
- How precise is the titrant delivery system? Is the titrant delivery system certified for accuracy?
- Can additional titrants be used without having to purge burettes?
- What information is included in the titrator’s display and reports?
- Is the titrator limited to proprietary electrodes? What is the replacement cost for electrodes?
- Is the software field upgradeable?
- What is the service and repair policy?
- Is on-site support offered?
- If something goes wrong with the meter, can it be fixed locally?
- What is the general turnaround time for repair?
Types of titrators used by survey respondents:
|Karl Fischer Coulometric||23%|
|Karl Fischer Volumetric||28%|
Titrator components used by survey respondents:
|Karl Fischer oven||23%|
Nearly 34% of respondents plan on purchasing a titrator in the next year. The budget ranges for these purchases are as follows:
|Less than $1,000|
|$1,000 - $5,000|
|$5,000 - $15,000|
|$15,000 - $30,000|
Top 10 features/factors respondents look for when purchasing a titrators:
|Ease of use||92%|
|Ease of installation||76%|
|Service and support||72%|
|Flexibility of automation||67%|
Completed Surveys: 174
For more information on titrators, including useful articles and a list of manufacturers, visit www.labmanager.com/titrators