Live Air Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
This webinar will cover the important basic aspects of safe handling and use of compressed gas cylinders. The program will focus on key elements regarding cylinder receiving, transport, storage and safe handling in the facility and/or laboratory. Highlights of Federal regulations (DOT, OSHA and others such as NFPA) will be covered. How to read and understand cylinder ID requirements, including determining hydrostatic test dates will also be addressed.
As an attendee, you will learn more about:
Moving Compressed Gas Cylinders Safely
- Transporting to/from facilities
- Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements
- Transporting within the facility and laboratory
Using Compressed Gases Safely - Safe Handling Must Do’s and Absolute No-No’s
- Creating and managing material inventory
- Safety Data Sheets
- Chemical Compatibility and segregation
- General storage tips
- Storage of flammable gas cylinders
- Empty and Waste cylinder handling and disposal
Vince McLeod is an American Board of Industrial Hygiene Certified Industrial Hygienist and the senior IH with EFI Global – Orlando and Ascend Environmental and Health Hygiene. Mr. McLeod has more than 35 years’ experience in industrial hygiene and environmental engineering services, including 28 years with the University of Florida’s Environmental Health & Safety Division.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager