Building a new lab or moving one to a completely new location can be very expensive and high-risk to critical scientific work. Instead, a lab renovation of an existing space may be a better alternative. The purpose of this seminar is to highlight key considerations and tools you can use when you are planning to renovate an occupied lab.
- Pre-planning for a lab renovation to limit downtime
- Incorporating current scientific protocols and workflow to anticipate future needs into the design
- Optimizing cold storage, inventory, and chemical management processes as part of the plan
- Assess and understand future digital lab requirements (IoT) and sustainability goals
- Recommissioning equipment and instrumentation to ensure the lab is ready for immediate use