Original broadcast date: Wednesday August 6, 2014
Presenter: Marcia Reynolds
Coaching is one of the hottest topics in labs today, yet, few people know how to define coaching much less practice it with ease. This webinar will give you a strong foundation in coaching plus a set of tools to begin coaching on your own.
In this webinar we will:
- Explore what is coaching, why it works and when to best use it when developing employees and managing change.
- Examine the mind-set required to successfully coach a person and what could keep you from having a good coaching session.
- Look inside the Coach's Basic Tool Box – four necessary skills for coaching.
- Learn a 5-step coaching model to help employees take responsibility, see new possibilities for positive results and commit to action.
- Analyze a coaching demonstration.
Marcia Reynolds, PsyD is a renowned executive coach who also teaches classes on leadership coaching and speaks at coaching conferences around the world. She helped to found the International Coach Federation and was the global president in 2000. She is the author of two books with her third book—a leadership coaching publication—to be released in September 2014, called Using the Discomfort Zone.