Live Air Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
This webinar will cover the important basic aspects of safe handling and use of compressed gas cylinders. The program will focus on key elements regarding cylinder receiving, transport, storage, and safe handling in the facility and/or laboratory. Highlights of federal regulations (DOT, OSHA, and others such as NFPA) will be covered. How to read and understand cylinder ID requirements, including determining hydrostatic test dates will also be addressed.
As an attendee, you will learn more about:
- • Transporting to/from facilities and DOT requirements
- • Transporting within the facility and laboratory
- • Creating and managing material inventory and Safety Data Sheets
- • Chemical compatibility and segregation
- • General storage tips and storage of flammable gas cylinders
- • Empty and waste cylinder handling and disposal
Vince McLeod is an American Board of Industrial Hygiene Certified Industrial Hygienist and the senior IH with Ascend Environmental. Mr. McLeod has more than 35 years’ experience in industrial hygiene and environmental engineering services, including 28 years with the University of Florida’s Environmental Health & Safety Division. His primary strength is conducting exposure assessments and hazard evaluations. Mr. McLeod’s consulting project experience includes comprehensive IH assessments for major power generation, manufacturing, production, and distribution facility.