Rapid, accurate and cost-effective quantitation of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) is essential for bioprocessing. An assessment of the relative merits of Protein A High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), and Protein A Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI) to determine mAb concentration in a complex feedstock was performed using mAbs breakthrough as the analyte while monitoring method accuracy, precision, dynamic range, LoQ and cost per sample.
The Octet® BLI platform:
- Accurately quantitates 5%, 10% and 20% mAb breakthrough values in the presence of contaminant host cell proteins
- Has a slightly larger dynamic range
- Performs best at low concentrations with an almost 30-fold lower LoQ
- Provides a fast, accurate and economical means of quantifying mAbs
- Decreases process development
Download the application note now to learn more about how the Octet® BLI can improve your workflow.