Western blotting is an established way to detect and analyze proteins. Since its first description in 1979, it has become one of the most widely-used methods in life science research. Cytiva has been a pioneer in Western blotting with Amersham ECL™ products since 1990. The technique is based on an antibody-protein complex. With it, scientists can detect antibodies bound to membrane-immobilized proteins.
In this guidebook, you’ll learn about:
- The Western blotting workflow, step-by-step
- Examples of typical applications, and some new approaches to Western blotting
- Troubleshooting strategies
- Recipes recommended to help design and run experiments
- Protocols that can help you get even more quantitative data