Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Lab Glassware Washer
- How is the product manufactured? Ask about the quality of the materials used and the product life expectation based on manufacturing testing. Also find out about the product’s warranty.
- What differentiates the lab washer from others offered in terms of performance?
- Does the company offer application support and technical phone support before and after product installation?
- How sustainable is the product? Ask the company to provide details on energy and water consumption as well as the recycle ability of the product.
- If the product is discontinued, for how many years does the company provide accessories and parts for the washer?
- Finally, ask about the cost of the purchase—not just the price of the product being installed but the total cost of ownership, which includes price, service expectations, warranty, etc.
Frequency of lab washer usage by survey respondents:
|Several times daily||31%|
|Once a day||18%|
|Several times each week||28%|
|Once a week||10%|
|Two to three times a month||7%|
|Once a month||1%|
|Less than once a month||4%|
Amount of time per day spent hand-washing glassware in their lab as reported by survey respondents:
|Less than 1 hour||41%|
|1- 2 hours||40%|
|2 - 3 hours||17%|
|Over 3 hours||3%|
Nearly 36% of respondents plan on purchasing a glassware washer in the next year. The reasons for these purchases are as follows:
|Replacement of aging lab washer|
|Moving from hand washing of glassware to a lab washer|
|Addition to existing systems, increase capacity|
|Setting up a new lab|
|Changing from the current type of lab washer|
Top 10 features/factors respondents look for when purchasing a glassware washer:
|Consistent washing and disinfecting results||83%|
|Durability of product||82%|
|Service and support||65%|
|Low maintenance - easy to use and clean||62%|
|Reliability of vendor||58%|
|Reputation of vendor||49%|
|Ability to customize racks||47%|
Completed Surveys: 266
For more information on lab washers, including useful articles and a list of manufacturers, visit www.labmanager.com/washers
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager