Live Air Date: Thursday, October 13, 2011
Dr. Garippa discusses the recent trends in cell culture which include: the increasing use of stem cells in compound screening, the integration of label-free assays along with conventional assays, and the use of innovative de-cellularized scaffolding and synthetic materials for cell growth.
Key questions to be addressed:
- How do you see the field of cell-based screening evolving?
- What are the pros and cons of using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) in screening?
- What are some of the recent innovations in cell culture reagents and substrates?
- How are label-free technologies impacting cellular screening?
- What do scientists and managers in cell culture labs need to be aware of?
Ralph Garippa, Ph.D, independent consultant and former Head of Cell-Based High Throughput Screening and Microscopic Imaging-based High Content Screening at Hoffmann-La Roche, Nutley, NJ