Outsourcing is an effective way to handle tasks you may not have the capacity, expertise, or certification to carry out in-house. With the right partner, outsourcing can be highly cost-effective and help position your lab for growth. However, outsourcing must be used wisely to maintain quality and speed. Browse lab outsourcing service providers at LabManager.com/contract-labs
5 Questions to Ask When Outsourcing Services:
- Which services would save you the most time if outsourced?
- Do you want to offer services requiring accreditation that you do not have?
- Do any of your lab staff have the time or expertise to maintain and repair equipment?
- How frequently must your equipment be calibrated?
- Are there any time-consuming tasks you would benefit from outsourcing?
Hiring a Lab Consultant
There is a seemingly endless number of options when it comes to lab consultant services, which can cover every aspect of a lab’s operations. Learn how to determine when to hire a lab consultant in this article, covering such questions as “Why do I need a lab consultant?”, “What services do lab consultants offers?”, and “What are the red flags when looking for a lab consultant?”: LabManager.com/when-to-hire-a-consultant
Outsourcing Calibration and Metrology
While outsourcing services can seem like introducing more entropy into an already complex system like a lab, it can be beneficial to your lab’s operations by ensuring quality and saving time. Depending on your lab’s unique needs and workflows, calibration and metrology may be an ideal aspect to outsource. Learn about if outsourcing calibration is right for you at LabManager.com/outsource-calibration