Lab Manager | Run Your Lab Like a Business

Webinar: Webinar: Tips and Tools for Speeding Up the Pace of Chemical Development Innovation

Webinar Details
Webinar: Tips and Tools for Speeding Up the Pace of Chemical Development Innovation
Posted on:

Tune in to our live webinar to hear BIOVIA’s Julian Willmott discuss strategies for increasing lab, researcher, and experiment efficiency, technology available to drive these efficiencies, and how chemical development labs today are achieving the next level of successful innovation.

Live Air Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Today’s chemical development labs are busy places that create new chemicals, new formulations, and new products that boost the bottom line. However, legacy solutions often impede workflows, make it difficult to find and share data, and hamper innovation. To succeed, the lab must speed up its pace of innovation.

Hosted and moderated by Lab Manager, this webinar examines the challenges that impede scientific innovation and what it takes to enable the lab and its researchers to take research to the next level, thus opening the way to new revenue streams for the organization.

Attendees will learn how to:

  • Assess which lab workflows are impeding innovation
  • Eliminate dead-ends in exploratory experiments
  • Expedite evaluation of scale-up recipes
  • Shorten and reduce experiment cycles
  • Reduce the number of physical experiments with virtual screening
  • Assess collaboration tools that enable team participation
  • Streamline lab workflows to maximize researcher efficiency

Tune in to our live webinar to hear BIOVIA’s Julian Willmott discuss strategies for increasing lab, researcher, and experiment efficiency, technology available to drive these efficiencies, and how chemical development labs today are achieving the next level of successful innovation.

Speaker

Julian Willmott, Solution Architect for BIOVIA, has spent the last 12 years building software for customers across the science industries, working with research organizations whose diverse products span from pharmaceuticals to asphalt for roads, roofs, and racetracks. Most of his nine-year tenure at BIOVIA was spent in the Professional Services department working on “Experiment Data Management.” This work led him to realize that 80% of customer requirements were the same for all of these projects. Subsequently, Julian led the development of a suite of products aimed at making this 80% available out-of-the-box, and the other 20% easily added using configuration and BIOVIA’s Pipeline Pilot protocols. He graduated from the University of East Anglia with an MSc in Computer Science.

Sponsor