Outsourcing is an effective way to handle tasks you may not have the capacity, expertise, or certification to carry out in-house. With the right partner, outsourcing can be highly cost-effective and help position your lab for growth. However, outsourcing must be used wisely to maintain quality and speed. Browse lab outsourcing service providers at LabManager.com/contract-labs
5 Questions to Ask When Looking for a Lab Outsourcing Service:
- Which services would save you the most time if outsourced?
- Are there any services requiring accreditation that you do not have?
- Do any of your lab staff have the time or expertise to maintain and repair equipment?
- How frequently must your equipment be calibrated?
- Are there any low-value, time-consuming tasks holding your lab back?
Ensuring a Successful Partnership
After you’ve selected an outsource provider, take steps to ensure that the partnership is successful by focusing on strong communication of needs and expectations. It’s especially important to communicate your expectations regarding cost, deadlines, quality requirements, and project urgency.
Outsourcing Data Management
If your lab produces a lot of data, it may be worth investing in more than just backup services. Data management services can store, prune, and protect your lab’s data so it’s always accessible and reliable.