Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Homogenizer
- How does this homogenizer differ from the competition? What makes it superior in quality and cost effective for the scientist?
- What accessories are necessary to run the unit? Are there pre-assembled bead kits to use that will simplify the homogenization process?
- Does the company offer demo units for the scientist to test out?
- Does the company offer application and technical phone support before/after the product purchase?
- Ask about replacements in case the product parts break down with use.
- Finally, ask about cost of the purchase, installation charges and warranty extension costs.
Types of homogenizers used by survey respondents:
Primary purpose for homogenizers as indicated by survey respondents:
|Clinical and Diagnostics||7%|
Nearly 32% of respondents plan on purchasing a homogenizer in the next year. The reasons for these purchases are as follows:
|Replacement of aging model|
|Addition to existing systems, increase capacity|
|Setting up a new lab|
|First time purchase of a homogenizer|
Top 10 features/factors respondents look for when purchasing a homogenizer:
|Durability of product||92%|
|Low maintenance - easy to use and clean||86%|
|Value for price paid||83%|
|Results with minimum deviation||78%|
|Variable speed controls||78%|
|Reliability of vendor||75%|
|Service and support||69%|
|Reputation of vendor||62%|
Completed Surveys: 219
For more information on homogenizers, including useful articles and a list of manufacturers, visit www.labmanager.com/homogenizers